★ ☆ A f f i n i t y ☆ ★
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zipzo's Application [ACCEPTED]

2 posters

Go down

Zipzo's Application [ACCEPTED] Empty Zipzo's Application [ACCEPTED]

Post by Zipzo Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:37 am

Let me begin by saying that I found out about Affinity through the official Vindictus recruitment forum, and it most notably caught my eye because the first guild I ever joined playing World of Warcraft 7 years or so ago was named Affinity (not to sort of slander your guild name there, haha). Of course, then I got engaged, so playing games like World of Warcraft came to an abrupt halt. Not that it's a bad thing...I adore my fiance like nothing else I've ever adored, I just don't have the kind of time to dedicate to that game anymore.

One thing that I must make transparent is that I'm a very focused gamer who strives for perfection in every game he plays, so although I am competitive, that doesn't mean I'm incapable of being casual or having fun. I also want to make it known that I began playing Vindictus only 2 weeks ago, so I'm fairly new, but I am no shy guy to MMO's as I have been playing them for years, games of all different kinds, before and after WoW, most notably Phantasy Star Online & Aion. I especially love the Action MMO genre.

Name: Zipzo

Level/Class: (Currently)39/Fiona.

Chill or Hardcore: I am a little bit of both. I am hardcore in the sense that I'm not really completely tolerant of embarrassing, ignorant, or inexcusably bad game play that absolutely hinders my group or has me wasting an abhorrent amount of time because of said player. I am chill in that I am understanding of a player being new to the game, and I love to have a nice laugh as I'm playing. Seeing as how I am new to the game and still coming in to my own character, I only seek a guild of individuals who expect me to at least excel in what I do, because that's my objective at this current point in time. Guild rank is not really important to me (especially in a game like this where being in a higher ranked guild means little).

Peeves: Immaturity, the bad kind. Not the fun, mess around kind. Leeching. Lack of self reliability.

Flaws: If my competitive nature is a problem then I suppose that's a flaw of mine.

How active are you: Since I began Vindictus I've been hooked, playing mostly every day. My leveling is going radically quick, and my aim is to hit level cap as quickly as possible so that I can experience the "end game" raids that Vindictus currently has to offer, and hopefully soon the future big raids on the horizon. I've seen many videos of a plethora of Vindictus bosses that have quite simply had me foaming at the mouth to get a shot at.

Mind getting on RaidCall for voice chat: I guess not, but to be honest I'm more of a Skype person, although I've never even heard of RaidCall. I've used Ventrilo a lot in the past, but have since mostly 100% confided in Skype for my voice chatting online while gaming (PTT is annoying and once you get used to not having to do it, it's tough to go back). None of this means I'm against getting on RaidCall though, it looks interesting.

"What would you do if ided in game"
A) Laugh at me
B) Scream "NOOOOOO!" and rez me
C) Revenge for me and solo like a boss

If a player dies I feel the most advantageous action to take is always to bring them back on their feet...it's better for the group in general so...probably option B but it's not likely the scream will precede it.

Again...I know I probably come off as intimidating...a rough around the edges triangle peg for a casual and flexible hoop, but it's really not as it seems. You get me on Skype (or whatever voice chat program) and you'll see I'm harmless. The competitive nature in me simply applies to my own game play. You see the first thing on my mind having rolled a Fiona is to be the best looking, and most skilled Fiona on the server. I'm the kind of player you want sporting your tag, because my goals are really set. I just need the fun, cozy, comfortable guild to share the good times with as I do it so I'm not flying solo the whole time (boring), and I have other players to share my experiences with, chat with, and hopefully soon, to raid with.

Thank you for taking the time to read this undoubtedly tl;dr application for your guild, and I'd be happy to take some time to get to know any of you in game. As a turn around, I actually have a question for you Affinity...

How do you feel about my attitude towards striving to be a great player? I know in the poster it says that if you're looking for a guild striving for rank 1 then Affinity is not for you...but I am not looking for that. More so I'm hoping to unite with at least a few players who share my same vision and spirit for gaming, and make some friends in the process.

Thanks again. Talk soon.

Zipzo

Back to top Go down

Zipzo's Application [ACCEPTED] Empty Re: Zipzo's Application [ACCEPTED]

Post by Osborn Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:49 am

WOOT! a fiona! and the longest app ever! u win!

this guild is fun, and you will soon find out how derp we are lolol
but besides derping, a couple of us are pretty skilled (me not included, but i still try :P)

and yes, we have no intention to head to the top. it's a game, it should be fun. and it's a mmo, we should make friends, not enemy.

to me, it's ok to be competitive, as long as there is no frustration, and things don't get too personal. deep down every gamer, everyone wants to be a great player! (amirite? y else would i keep four +10 weapons on my lann lol) when things messed up, just laugh at it. no need to rage, k? (unless things messed up irl and u need to vent Q.Q then feel free to talk to us, i'd like to help)

so yea, go ahead and apply in game.
and make a forum account if you plan to use it and share stuff with guildies!

Osborn
Admin

http://affinityguild.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ChillerCooler Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Wall-o-text, almost TL;DR....

Its actually VERY refreshing to see someone take time out to actually to do full blown work!!

Very excited to see you in game, especially as you climb threw the levels. I can't say we have too many at your level though!

Welcome by the way!
ChillerCooler
ChillerCooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down